Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Chapter 5: Teaching to the Individual, Working with the Group
The beginning of this chapter focused primarily on why students might not always participate in the classroom. Some reasons might be because they don't know the material, don't have interest in the material, or even because they don't want to be made fun of when/if the get the answer wrong or say something. I feel as though from day one the teacher should make it clear that you should try to say what is on your mind whether it is wrong or not and if so they would be able to clarify it. Teaching at a high school can make a classroom bloom with diversity. Take what you can from it. With different people with different backgrounds there will always be a great opportunity for discussions. Hearing the different cultural beliefs and views help as well. Another piece of information that I already figured out back when I was in high school was that some people pull the weight for others if they don't care about the subject. I find it aggravating when this happens because all it shows is the person who is already up to par with the information can do it. As a teacher I will make sure, one way or another, that all members add something into the project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment