Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Chapter 3: Classroom Behavior

This chapter expects you to let the students know what it is they will learn in your classroom. Having a syllabus can help to students try and stay on track. Show your expectations to the students that first day so they can get a sense of what it is you are asking from them and vise versa. Have an open discussion with the students to even adjust your expectations to something that better suits both parties. Having the students understand and clearly see their expectations opens their mind up to staying on task and being focused. As a teacher though, you have to set time aside for the students and try to understand where they are coming from. Threat each student the same, but know that they are individuals. I think that if I had my own classroom I would initially tell the students that I have time after school whenever you need to talk just schedule an appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment