Monday, September 6, 2010

Chapter 1: Knowing Students Well

The part in this chapter that stuck right out when I read it was the part about how students want to show off there skills and abilities and are sometimes restricted in doing so. Students like to be able to show these skills, but are only able to do so when the teacher pays attention to the students and observe there habits. Talking to the kids one on one and being open for class discussions can benefit both the teachers understanding of the student and increased moral for classroom discussions. I have always felt that in order to get what you want out of a class or teachings one must always be open for others opinion. I feel that if I was a new teacher I would ask my other colleagues about there habits in the classroom. I love talking to people one on one and learning what there opinions are regardless of the subject at hand. Working one on one and with the classroom is something I look forward to for my future in teaching and coaching. I also read that understanding a students schedule is good to do because you would understand their situation that they are in. I believe that both a teacher and a student can easily work together to benefit from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment