Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chapter 2: Respect, Liking, Trust, and Fairness

This chapter focused primarily on mutual respect for the teacher and the students in the classroom and how it can be earned. I have felt, for a long time, that respect is earned. I should give respect to others that respect me in return. Obviously this can be hard sometimes, but even if you don't like a teacher, there are ways to still deal with them and respect them on a different level. To earn respect one must show that they are responsible for the things in their lives whether it is sports or in the classroom. Being early to classes, not judging someone, and even saying "yes sir" "no sir" can earn someone respect where it is do. I personally had a teacher that I could not respect at all. She was the opposite of a teacher. Not caring for the benefit of her students I immediately disrespected here. The following year when I didn't have her, my respect for her increased. She seemed so nice to me when I would meet after school to get some assistance. She was caring and intuitive to what I had to say. It was because we met each other on a different playing field then the classroom that opened us up to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment