1. (1 on quiz) I understand that if a school owns a copy of Photoshop, then they have the right to put it up on the school server. What if the student who has that application takes the computer home from school because it is on their laptop? Is this still legal? I feel that if someone buys something then they should be able to do whatever they want with it.
2. (4 on quiz) I feel that if a school cannot afford to buy software for their school they should have the right to copy the download to any computer. The school is there to improve the education of students and to not allow a school to download an application to the schools server because it is copied, then that company should be prosecuted for stopping the education of the students.
3.(5 on quiz)If a teacher needs to have all students with a program on their computer and needs to burn Cd's for all student s to get it, I believe that the teacher has the right to do this for the classroom because it is fair. Yet, I think that our country is all about saving money by going outside the realm of copyrights. Think of all the music that people burn and sell or give to friends. It's not ever solely for the one person.
4. (6 on quiz) I love the fact that the Internet is a great source. It provides pictures and information that can make a classroom bloom with thinking minds. If someone credits the web page then it is a free for all. I love that!
5. (8 on quiz) Most downloads are meant for people to learn by in some way or to get something that they want to view. A statement says "legitimately acquired", what does that mean? Much usable information found now on file sharing web pages have big copyright laws that are hard to understand. If someone doesn't want their work taken then don't put it up on the wide open web.
6. (12 on quizzes) I love the fact that a student can get clips of videos from TV or a recording device off the TV. I feel that if they show it on TV, than anyone should have the right to use it if it is served as an educational tool. So grab all the laser disks you can find.
The guidelines for copyright are confusing and unnecessary rules that can be made clearer by just not having rules with it. If they have put an artifact out in the public then it should be used by everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment